Grow your artistic skills by joining the 150-year-old practice of copying artworks at The Met. In this week-long intensive, you will:
- Practice art techniques by copying Van Gogh’s painting and drawing style
- Work in graphite, charcoal, watercolor, and acrylic paint
- Prepare studies in The Met’s galleries and Central Park, and paint in the Studio
- Chat with guest artists from The Met’s Copyist Program
- Meet other teens who are interested in art
- Learn from a teaching artist and peers by engaging in feedback sessions
- Present your artwork in a showcase during Teen Fridays on Friday, July 21, 4:30–6:30 pm
Free, though applications are required. Apply by Friday, May 19, 2023. Notifications will be sent by Friday, May 26, 2023. You must be able to attend all five dates. Museum admission is free for teens as part of this program. No prior experience necessary; all materials are provided.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presented in conjunction with the exhibition Van Gogh’s Cypresses.
Masks are strongly recommended. See our visitor guidelines.